Monday, September 08, 2003

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POND BLOG!!!

That's right, folks, exactly ONE year ago today, I started this blog. I can't believe it's been that long already. Well, here's to many more years of blogging, hopefully!

I'm sitting here right now listening to my "Live at Sin-e" CD, which arrived on Saturday. I love it!! Jeff performed amazingly well throughout. His guitar playing REALLY amazes me. Some of these songs take my breath away, they're so beautiful and so well performed. So it's definitely worth buying for any Jeff Buckley fan. I must, however, say that I'm getting just a BIT tired of hearing the "Grace" songs allll the time. They're not BAD, it's just that I've heard them over and over and over again. Still, they're good songs and I could never write songs THAT good. The covers he does on this CD, though, are spectacular! The Buckley Estate should put together a compilation of his covers, although I'd imagine most of them would be from albums that already exist.

Sadly, I would imagine we are coming closer to the end of the existing Jeff Buckley material that can be put on CD or video :( He left us so long and we're lucky to have more than just "Grace" and "Sketches."

No comments: