Sunday, February 02, 2003

Well here is a fun survey that I found on The Music Blog. I hope you enjoy reading it!!
--------------
What band/artist have you been playing the most this month? I've been listening to an awful lot of Something Corporate. Mostly the same three songs, lol, but good songs!! And I seem to be in a Celtic mood this month too, lol.

What was the last CD you bought?
The last CD I bought with my own money was Incubus, "Morning View." This does not count the CD's purchased for me during Christmastime.

Do you like mix tapes/CDs?
Never really had any, although I remember when I was a kid and my friends and I all had double-cassette decks so we could make mix tapes. It was also handy for recording stuff from radio and even TV!!

What genres of music do you most enjoy?
I absolutely LOVE Celtic music. It's just so wonderful to listen to, so joyful, so beautiful. Somehow it just resonates with my heart and soul. I also love rock, just straight up rock, especially modern punk-ish groups. Good guitar work gets my vote. Electronic music is also cool. And last but not least, Nordic modern folk just rawks!!

What song/album/artist do you play in the bath?
Well I usually don't. If there's any music in the bath/shower, it's whatever is in my head at that time.

Name a band/song that is special to you, and explain why.
Jeff Buckley is very special to me, because he reminds me of a very good friend of mine, and a fellow music lover. Jeff had a lovely voice, and just a magic quality about him.

Have you ever been certain a song was written just for you?
"Love song for no one" by John Mayer was written for me, or so I would like to think. It's about looking for love but not knowing where to find it, and that is certainly a theme of my life.

What song never fails to make you cry?
I don't cry that often, but two songs that are potential tear-inducers are "Lover, you should have come over" by Jeff Buckley, and "Konstantine" by Something Corporate. They are both VERY emotional songs.

If you could go on stage with anyone + duet with them; who would it be, what song would you sing, and why?
Well Jeff is dead, so he's out, and besides I couldn't even dream of matching his talents. Steven Tyler might be good, and I have no idea what song I'd sing with him. Or perhaps I'd sing "I've got you babe" with Avril Lavigne. And since this question asks why - for Steven: He's just awesome and seems he'd be fun to sing with. for Avril: She's got an awesome voice, definitely a rising talent. And I'm not gonna sing with Cher, that's her and Sonny's song!!

Does your style match your music taste?
I suppose it does. My style is that I don't really care what I wear, as long as I'm comfortable in it. Well Ok, I'm not THAT bad, but my style is very relaxed, and that's what I like about my music.

What band/song could you never get bored of?
I will probably never tire of hearing Afro Celt Sound System's music.

What band/artist/song makes your ears bleed?
Britney Spears!!! And Shania Twain!!

List five bands/artists + a song of theirs that you love (in no particular order):

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Something Corporate - Konstantine
Afro Celt Sound System - Shadowman
Elvis Costello - 45
Hevia -Busindre Reel
I
f you had a band - what would you call them and what would be your role?
Ok this is ASSUMING I had any musical talent. The name of the group would be something cool in Gaelic, something that is really rude and in-your-face when translated to English. I can't seem to come up with any ideas now!! I really cannot decide what instrument I'd play, so I'd probably play many of them and switch around from song to song!! Fiddle, pipes, and bodhran all sound like the most fun (we're a modern Celtic band like Kila or Lunasa, maybe with an electric guitar, and definitely with a lot of attitude).

Who would you do a support slot for?
Not sure what a support slot is, but I'll support the Afro Celts any day!!

Have you ever been in love with a song/band?
I'm in love with all my music.

Is there any song that you just can't bare to listen to because of the memories?
Not at the moment. That sort of thing depends on the situation in my life and whether the song relates to that moment or not.

No comments: